If you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment, brushing and flossing after every meal and snack is the only way to prevent plaque build-up, tooth decay and gum disease. Your teeth will need extra care, especially during treatment at our office. Our goal is for you to have a beautiful healthy smile, and in order for us to achieve this good hygiene on your end is very important. Food and particles are known to get trapped by brackets, wires, bands and appliances, and this can make it difficult to keep your teeth clean. Using a Waterpik is another great way to clean teeth and gums. Here are a few tips to help with keeping your teeth clean and healthy during your orthodontic treatment:
1. Brush after every meal or snack
2. Floss daily to remove trapped food and particles
3. Rinse after eating with mouthwash to kill any bacteria
4. Brush with a fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled tooth brush
5. Clean teeth with a proxabrush
6. Maintain regular check-ups with your general dentist throughout your treatment
We hope these tips help. For more information, we encourage you to give us a call, ask us on Facebook or ask us during your next adjustment visit!