In order to help our patients fulfill their orthodontic treatment goals, we offer an incentive program using wooden nickels. Patients will receive wooden nickels at their regular visits for each area of excellent cooperation. The nickels can be redeemed for prizes found in a showcase in the reception area. Patients earn one wooden nickel for each of the following:
- Arriving on time for their appointment
- Having no loose or broken appliances
- Earning an “Excellent” tooth-brushing grade
- Earning an “Excellent” grade for rubber band, headgear, or functional appliance wear
- Wearing an “In your face” shirt to their scheduled appointment
- Coming in for an appointment on their birthday
*An additional wooden nickel can be earned for each “A” on their report card.
**A special certificate can be redeemed for five wooden nickels if it’s signed and dated by the patient’s dentist or hygienist after a dental checkup.
No wooden nickels at all are given at an appointment to repair or replace lost or broken appliances or if the patient missed their last appointment without calling in advance to cancel.
This program is our way of saying “Thank you” for being such a great patient!
Wooden Nickel Redemption
Wooden nickels can be redeemed at any time for prizes in our showcase in the waiting area. We are constantly adding new inventory and running “specials” so keep checking the showcase.
- iPod shuffles
- Tea sets
- Holiday items
- Phone speakers
- Gift cards to Amazon, iTunes, Game Stop, Target, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Subway, Barnes & Noble, and more.
You can get prizes ranging from 1-100 nickels!